[vlc-devel] streaming with non-MPEG4 codecs broken?

Stefan X stefanxe at gmx.net
Wed Sep 17 13:35:53 CEST 2008

Hi developers!
I hope this is the right mailing list for my problem. I could not get
VLC 9.2 to stream any video when selecting another codec instead of
MPEG4. I tried especially with H.264 which did not work but also other
codecs failed. Only MPEG4 worked fine. Also it worked fine before with v0.8.

Simple setup is with one VLC instance: Select file -> stream, select
desktop as source, select stream locally, enable video and select H.264.
Nothing is streamed at all. As written above, it works only when
selecting MPEG4.

Any idea how to fix this?

Regards
Stefan