[vlc-devel] commit: Don't use FREENULL when that's not needed and don' t free NULL just for fun. ( Rémi Duraffort )

Bill C. Riemers briemers at redhat.com
Wed Sep 17 20:27:19 CEST 2008

The reason for FREENULL is because not all platforms correctly ignore
free(NULL).   I hope you are certain all the platforms VLC is built on
do correctly handle free(NULL).

For example, applications I have built with unpatched Microsoft Visual
Studio 6.0 will sometimes crash and do other weird things if the program
calls free(NULL).  This particular bug was corrected in MVS 6.0 service
pack 3.

Bill