[vlc-devel] commit: Do not use pf_make_region as it leads to a horrible hack. ( Laurent Aimar )

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Thu Sep 18 20:47:18 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008, Antoine Cellerier wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008, git version control wrote:
> > Yes this creates a 'useless' picture copy per region, but it is
> > currently needed.
>
> This will dramatically degrade mosaics usage. Why is this copy
> absolutely needed?
 Because the current spu core API cannot work with externaly allocated
picture, and/or that image_* cannot use a provided picture.

 If it is really needed I could modify it, but mosaic is the only case
that need it, and the change needed will impact a LOT of code (simple
but borring changes).

 I wonder if it would not be possible to change the mosaic plugin to write
directly the picture in a region instead.

--
fenrir