[vlc-devel] commit: variables: Inherit path is now parent->libvlc->saved config ( Derk-Jan Hartman )

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Fri Sep 19 14:59:39 CEST 2008

On 19 sep 2008, at 14:50, Antoine Cellerier wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008, git version control wrote:
>> -    if( !p_this->p_parent )
>> +    if( !p_this->p_parent && !p_this->p_libvlc )
>
> I thought that libvlc was always the topmost parent of each object?
> (inherit goes through all the parents right?)

Unless the object is not yet attached. Atm. we have a considerable
group of variables that are created when an object is not yet attached
to it's parent yet.
This is "temporary" measure that eleviates the problem, while i find
the courage to mess around with the object creation code to seperate
the meaning of "object attached" vs. "object init'ed".

DJ