[vlc-devel] Backporting postproc related changes to 0.9.3

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Sat Sep 20 18:01:14 CEST 2008

Le samedi 20 septembre 2008 16:28:54 Antoine Cellerier, vous avez écrit :
> On Sat, Sep 20, 2008, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > It is a big issue. It _will_ crash if you updated the libvlccore2 package
> > and not vlc, or vice-versa.
>
> Ok, I'll try to find a 0.9.x specific way of doing it without adding
> members to the picture_t structure.

Either that, no backport, or new ABI version - none very thrilling.

That's why I have painstakingly been trying to hide the most common structures
out of .h files over the last years. Obviously very very very far from
complete though.

> Maybe using a VLC variable attached to the object.

It might work, or it might not. You would have to implement both the old and
the new behavior on all sides of the object type.

http://git.remlab.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc-courmisch.git;a=summary