[vlc-devel] commit: One child is one reference ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Sun Sep 21 10:00:17 CEST 2008

Le dimanche 21 septembre 2008 00:42:28 Pierre d'Herbemont, vous avez écrit :
> How can we remove that variables tree?
> 1- variables should only be inherited from libvlc object.
> 2- Inherited variables are set explicitly by the so-called parent when
> an object is created.

Well, the real question is when, if ever, do objects need to inherit a value
from anything except the base configuration.

For configuration chain, it sounds counter-intuitive to me that the objet
would inherit the value from its parent rather than from the configuration -
if the value is not explicitly set in the chain string.

http://git.remlab.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc-courmisch.git;a=summary