[vlc-devel] Gsoc 2008 timeshift patch 1

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Sun Sep 21 12:23:38 CEST 2008

Thanks Dylan,

Some small comments on minor issues (a simple git commit -a -m "small
modif" and git rebase -i will easily merge you those modification
requests).

>      msg_Err(p_access,"I am the Timeshifter!");

There are a lot of msg_Err() like thise one that should now be msg_Dbg().

>         //should be enomem
>         return VLC_EGENERIC;

Why that?

>     for( i = 0;i < p_sys->i_files;i++)
>     for( i = 0; i < p_sys->i_files; i++ )

Spacing are not consistents here.

Same here:

> +            }
>          }
> +         msleep(150);
> +
> +        //msg_Err(p_access,"crit");
> +             int i;
> +         /* If FIFO empty AND no data left, try slow down the input*/
> +         if((block_FifoSize( p_sys->p_fifo) < TIMESHIFT_FIFO_CRITICAL) &&
> +            (p_sys->i_current_read == p_sys->i_current_write) &&
> +            !p_access->b_die)

> +             input_thread_t *p_input = vlc_object_find( p_access, VLC_OBJECT_INPUT, FIND_ANYWHERE );

This should be FIND_PARENT, I think. vlc_object_find is now deprecated
but I guess you don't have much alternative for the moment.

+                 //p_sys->i_rate_adjustment =
There are a lot of commented code. What about removing them, or
hinting on why they are here?

That's all for my quite superficial review :)

Pierre.