[vlc-devel] [RFC] Option whitelisting policy

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Tue Sep 23 10:32:29 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> > > I'm not sure that a good idea to let this option available as safe !!
> >
> > Why? (either all the caching options are safe, or all are unsafe ... but
> > there has to be some sort of consistency)
 Yes it should not exist. I will modify the input clock to properly auto
compute the caching needed.
 But well it will take a bit of time before it is done, and for the time
being it is needed.
 Anyway, I agree with Rémi that this parameter can be dangerous with too high
value (it depends on the bitrate) as it can use all your memory.

--
fenrir