[vlc-devel] 0.9.2 SAP

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at videolan.org
Tue Sep 23 18:06:55 CEST 2008

Hello,
> Moreover, many people use VLC because of that kind of behaviour (Well,
> at least the "be liberal in what you accept" thing) applied to other
> domains,

It really depends of the design decision of whoever coded certain modules.

The ts demuxer is known to be very strict  (and so some streams played
by mplayer can't be played in VLC)
some others bits (like avi i think) have a more pragmatic approach.

I would personally support the pragmatic approach (with suitable
warnings so that power user can fix their server/report the bugs) if
it doesn't make the parsing of the sdp a pain or make it insecure.

my 2 pence,

--
Xtophe