[vlc-devel] commit: RTP: support for overriding the TS demux - fixes #2103 ( Rémi Denis -Courmont )

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Wed Sep 24 21:26:28 CEST 2008

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:45:24 +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote
> Le mercredi 24 septembre 2008 21:31:25 Laurent Aimar, vous avez écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 24, 2008, git version control wrote:
> > > vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont <rdenis at simphalempin.com> |
> > > Wed Sep 24 20:43:49 2008 +0300|
> > > [0e7437669677c4a7c6c21a396474f91a7c468c43] | committer: Rémi
> > > Denis-Courmont
> > >
> > > RTP: support for overriding the TS demux - fixes #2103
> >
> >  I think you could simply reuse the "demux" variable to avoid complicating
> > the configuration (interface and for users).
> >  The demux variable will not have be used for access_demux.
>
> True - contrary to the AVI/DV case.
>
> However, live555 currently supports three different chained demux.
> What if we ever extend the RTP access_demux? or do we assume that the
> user will only ever want to use demuxdump?

--demux  is supposed to override autodetected demux type. From the help string:

#define DEMUX_LONGTEXT N_( \
    "Demultiplexers are used to separate the \"elementary\" streams " \
    "(like audio and video streams). You can use it if " \
    "the correct demuxer is not automatically detected. You should not "\
    "set this as a global option unless you really know what you are doing." )

So no matter how many chained demuxers will be in RTP module, it should work the
same way - if set, use it (override), if unset, apply ts/ps/whatever according
to RTP payload type. Thus I'd also vote for using "demux" variable.

    With kind regards,

          M.