[vlc-devel] commit: RTP: use --demux instead of --rtp-ts-demux ( Rémi Denis -Courmont )

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Thu Sep 25 10:41:33 CEST 2008

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:55:55 +0200, "Marian Ďurkovič" <md at bts.sk> wrote:
> It just needs another change in src/input/input.c, since now it tries
> access_demux only when no demux was given - which is clearly wrong.
> We can't substitute the access part in access_demux modules just by
demux.

I disagree here. This changes the general semantics of the --demux
parameter, which is much worse than changing (i.e. breaking) the semantic
of --demux _only_ for rtp://.

In any case, the demux specification cannot be preserved for rtp://
(without huge ugly hacks in demux_New) - even if we did support --demux, we
still could not handle rtp/ts:// or rtp/demuxdump:// , and we still miss
access_filter'ing.