[vlc-devel] rtsp module : vlc freeze

Sébastien Escudier sebastien-devel at celeos.eu
Fri Sep 26 15:14:24 CEST 2008

Quoting Rémi Denis-Courmont <rem at videolan.org>:

> Le vendredi 26 septembre 2008 15:10:39 Sébastien Escudier, vous avez écrit :
> > > Since 'someday' can be a very long time, would it be possible in the
> > > interim to at least have these timeouts configurable somehow?
> >
> > I did a quick hack in live555 library code, using a select instead of the
> > connect.
>
> That does not really solve the problem. select() for non-blocking connection
> is portable. I mean, it's in Win32 and POSIX. The real issue is, how do you
> interrupt live555 select() from VLC?

It was an answer to Jacques request to have a configurable timeout. Select can
achieve this.
It would, at least, avoid waiting several minutes. Only several seconds.
I am aware this would not allow vlc to interupt live555 library from vlc.

To answer Jacques request to share the modification, I can send it next week for
those who would be interested. The modification is in livemedia source code, so
you just have to re-compile it before building vlc.