[vlc-devel] Bug in decoding .h264 and .mp4 files.

deepak chitriki crdeepak at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 19:48:57 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I am using VLC source code as a reference for my project related to
gstreamer/omx multimedia component on Linux platform.

I found a bug when i tried to play the attached files ( .h264 and .mp4 )
using VLC player.The issue here is when i played the files HCBP1_HHI_A.264
and HCBP1_HHI_A.mp4. decoder reverses order of frames every 5 frames or so
and then VLC sometimes crashes.

The Expected Result: All frames will be decoded in order.

Please let me know how to fix this issue and which part of the H264 source
code should be referred to fix this issue.

I greatly appriciate your help.

Thanks,
Deepak