[vlc-devel] commit: Directory as XSPF playlist ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Mon Sep 29 11:03:35 CEST 2008

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:32:19 +1000, xxcv <xxcv07 at gmail.com> wrote:
> git version control wrote:
>> vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont <rdenis at simphalempin.com> |
> Sun Sep 14 20:23:01 2008 +0300|
[d4cdba67d70a4f37db7453a5669541645150c561]
> | committer: Rémi Denis-Courmont
>>
>> Directory as XSPF playlist
>>
>> This gets rid of the directory demux and playlist hacks.
>> Fixes #2050.

> This commit just breaks WIN32 build even more.

This commits FIXES a whole class of crashes on _ALL_ platforms. My
mistake... I thought the point of VLC was to be USABLE, rather than just
COMPILABLE.

Frankly, I am quite annoyed at this stupid blaming scheme whereby tiny
accidental platform-specific compilation breakages would be more severe
than real bugs and missing features. Sorry, but this makes no sense to me.

As I already said, what, a week ago? Other people break my tree quite
often. Do I come and blame them all the time? No, I just checkout the
latest working version and shut up. Or better yet, I fix the minor issues
myself. I don't come and start blaming Pierre for not testing his commits
on Windows and Linux, when I know that his commits are actually correct,
and pointing out bugs in the Qt4 interface, the Atmo filter or what not.