[vlc-devel] libswscale logo overlay crash on Win32

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sun Apr 5 12:02:00 CEST 2009

Hello,

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 06:25:53PM -0430, Tom Maneiro wrote :
> I've just updated to the latest VLC 0.9.9, just to find that it
> crashes when i try to use a logo overlay over the video. The picture
> used was a transparent, alpha-channel PNG, and at first i thinked in
> that old libpng-related bug on early 0.9.x releases... so i tried
> switching libpng_plugin.dll with the one from 0.9.8a. No luck! The
> crash was still there.

I did update libswscale with the rest of FFmpeg for 0.9.9.

I didn't find any crash in avcodec (contrary to the previous contribs),
but I didn't check swscale.

> - using libswscale_plugin.dll from previous VLC release (0.9.8a) WORKS
> (no crashes, logo overlay works as expected)
So the regression is indeed in the newer swscale version.

> - using libswscale_plugin.dll from latest VLC nightly (03/04/2009)
> FAILS (same memcpy crash)

  Expected. It uses the same swscale version.

  Does it happen with other filters?

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf