[vlc-devel] [videolan] linux streaming to web page

Anthony Loiseau thannoy at actech-innovation.com
Mon Apr 6 09:41:16 CEST 2009

Hi,

You need an embedded VLC in a webpage of your site. Have a look at those
links:
-
http://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Play_HowTo/Advanced_Use_of_VLC#Use_the_mozilla_plugin
- http://vlc.revolunet.com/

There is both an ActiveX and a mozplugin, controled by Javascript (the
same API).

With those links, you should be able to read your stream. Of course,
there is a glue you have to write depending on your stream. If you
stream to an unicast UDP destination for example, you will have to
initiate a new stream for each user, maybe facing firewalls (the
playback is not "domain-based" but "client-based").

regards,
Anthony