[vlc-devel] commit: macosx: experimental 64bit support ( Felix Paul Kühne )

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 12 20:12:30 CEST 2009

Am 12.04.2009 um 19:19 schrieb Rémi Denis-Courmont:

> Le dimanche 12 avril 2009, git version control a écrit :
>> vlc | branch: master | Felix Paul Kühne <fkuehne at videolan.org> | Sun
>> Apr 12 17:32:00 2009 +0200|
>> [ef93d6eb1043e6d374e6c9cfdcf476645f0896d5] | committer: Felix Paul
>> Kühne
>>
>> macosx: experimental 64bit support
>>
>> quartztext, controlling playback with the Apple Remote and embedded
>> AGL vouts (aka safari/mozilla plugin vouts) are not supported by now.
>> Quartztext and AGL vout will need a complete rewrite.
>
> So... it works but it needs a complete rewrite?
Well, it partially works. The interface, aout and the opengl vout are
working (hmm, until they crash, but that's not ours but Apple's fault
in 99% of all cases).
The quartztext module uses an outdated crappy framework (ATSU is
deprecated since 10.4 (2005...) and replaced by CoreText) and so do
the AGL vouts (AGL is Carbon is _QuickDraw_, which is deprecated since
10.2 was released back in 2002). About AppleRemote: it uses some
Carbon functions, which are labelled as useable in 64bit mode;
however, they crash everytime they get run, so I suspect a runtime bug
here.

> By the way, are AGL identifiers uint32_t (like X11 and as libvlc says)
> or pointers?
AGLDrawable is a CGrafPtr, thus a pointer to a struct and subject to a
rewrite... However, "drawable_gl" is an int, which (I assume) is the
way it should be.

Best regards,
Felix