[vlc-devel] PATCH: GSoC: Extend the DBus control to activate a video filter on the fly on an already playing video,

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at videolan.org
Tue Apr 14 17:06:13 CEST 2009

Balazs Gerofi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> attached a "first version" patch for the D-Bus on-the-fly filter addition.
>
> I tested it with the following command:
> qdbus org.mpris.vlc /Player org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.FilterSet "invert"
>
> Please let me know whether it is fine for the selection!

The patch is leaking memory in the error paths after obtaining a pointer
to pp_vout in:

if( input_Control( p_input, INPUT_GET_VOUTS, &pp_vout, &i_vout ) )

Further more it forgets to free the input in the same error paths with

vlc_object_release( p_input );

For the rest the patch looks ok.

NOTE: The method FilterGet is not a part of the Mpris v1 specification,
but maybe it can be included in v2.

Gtz
Jean-Paul Saman.