[vlc-devel] commit: Fixed xcb resize support. (Laurent Aimar )

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Sat Apr 18 14:01:18 CEST 2009

Le samedi 18 avril 2009, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> Le jeudi 16 avril 2009, git version control a écrit :
> > vlc | branch: master | Laurent Aimar <fenrir at videolan.org> | Thu
> > Apr 16 22:26:48 2009 +0200|
> > [00155d409b3b839f85f7201face93b06a64b56d6] | committer: Laurent
> > Aimar
> >
> > Fixed xcb resize support.
>
> I'm still getting crashes (in libavcodec) upon down-sizing.
>
> As far as I can tell, the decoder is still using old picture buffers
> during/after pf_end.

Nevermind, this seems to be a Schrödingbug. I have the exact same
problem with the pre-existing Xlib X11 video output plugin. VLC
segfaults if the video output is quickly resized. In fact, that path is
seldom triggered, as down scaling is most often hidden from the video
output core through hardware acceleration (XVideo in this case).

But that does mean that the current video output core resize support is
completely broken (or perhaps libavcodec is).

http://www.remlab.net/