[vlc-devel] VLC 1.0.0-pre2 issues

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Mon Apr 20 20:58:38 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> Here are some of the more importants I have seen.
>
> - DVB is broken on Windows (kenS?), noone seems to be able to
>   understand/care about the issue. (1.0)
 I will try to look at it, but I don't know when. Anway I don't
think it is a win32 release blocker.

> - RTSP fixes for Windows (the workaround works more or less)
 Correctky fixed I hoped.

> - Swscaling quality with newer swscale
 I am not sure, I will try to investigate. What is weird is that
opengl is ugly, x11 is not, but they both use swscaler with the
same kind of conversion on my platform.

> - Audio channels seem to be in wrong order in many samples with 5.1 and 7.1
 Well it depends on the decoder used.
> - DVB-H seems to be broken in 0.9 and 1.0
 How could we test it ?

> Stuff to check or be tested:
> - DVD menus are weirdly working
 I failed to find a DVD that is worse in 1.0 than in 0.9.

>   And there is always issues with DVD menus and video filters.
 It won't be fixed in 1.0. It needs some vout rework (so 1.1 at least).

> - DMO should be fixed, if we want wmap decoding (1.0)
 I may check, but still, I don't think it is a win32 release blocker either.

--
fenrir