[vlc-devel] Summer of Code: why you shouldn't whine/complain...

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Apr 21 00:08:32 CEST 2009

Hello,

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 03:30:07AM +0530, Rohit Yadav wrote :
> I find j-b's remarks regarding *criteria for selection* quite upsetting:
> >  - Nationality.
> *?*

Why, we tried to diversify nationalities and not stay with the usual
European ones, how is that a bad thing?

> >  - Being a woman (that didn't occur, but would have been a plus).
> *?*

This isn't new, VLC hasn't had any feminine devs and one of the
recurrent topics in SoC discussions is about how to get women in
open source projects.
I don't see how you can reproch that to us.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/