[vlc-devel] VLC 1.0.0-pre2 issues

basos g noxelia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 09:10:53 CEST 2009

The important issues ( core non-functional requirements that should be
anyway fixed) for me are :

> - Swscaling quality with newer swscale
> - Seeking issues (#2589,#1837) but AVI seeking seems fixed? (1.0)
> - CPU consumption can be huge for some codecs (3x,4x more than 0.9)

> - MKV real video support is still lacking stuffs (cook, correct RV40,
> etc...)(new)

MAYBE the chroma issue is related to the general chroma handing issue
[#2546] vlc has (endianess handling for RV24), and have mention to the list
some time ago. I could check this on undefined time ..

Also for the fullscreen policy keeping the state between items seems more
consistent ( a typical use case would be that the user might have sat to the
couch to watch some videos )