[vlc-devel] VLC 1.0.0-pre3? RC1?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Mon Apr 27 01:54:17 CEST 2009

Hello fellow develop^Wgeeks,

I know I am not the release manager, but we've done quite some work this
week( RTSP, Shoutcast & DVB fixed on WIndows, around 30 bugs closed ).

I think VLC 1.0.0 is quite usable, compared to 0.9.x, and 1.0 bugs
milestone has 207 closed tickets.

People (and I) have moved important issues (regressions for most of
them) to the VLC 1.0.0-rc1 milestone:
http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=1.0.0-rc1

I believe most of "1.0 bugs" bugs remaining are not blockers, but I may
mistake. If you have bugs that you think MUST be fixed before release
and you ARE a developer, please move them to 1.0.0-rc1.

So, now the big question, what do we do?

Do we make a vlc 1.0.0-pre3 and wait for the bugs mentionned above to be
clsoed?
Do we start a VLC 1.0.0-rc1 and go on with rcs until most bugs are
closed?

And the next big question:
When do we branch for 1.1 (or whatever 1.x we decide)?

Kind Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/