[vlc-devel] vlc-git autoconf-2.63 breakage

Ivan Ivanich ivanich at ivanich.org.ua
Sun Aug 9 10:51:48 CEST 2009

With autoconf-2.63:
remote: Counting objects: 11, done.
Unpacking objects: 100% (6/6), done.
From git://git.videolan.org/vlc
   a298057..4d748cb  master     -> master
 *    updating from commit:     a298057c367871989a3fda596421ad3fa8bdbd40
 *    to commit:                4d748cb87a9c18e77d4912f35adfd33115f65ea6
 modules/video_output/xcb/xvideo.c |    2 +-
 *    branch:                   master
 *    storage directory:        "/mnt/sda6/gentoo/distfiles/git-src/vlc"
Initialized empty Git repository in /var/tmp/portage/media-
video/vlc-9999/work/vlc-9999/.git/
Switched to a new branch 'branch-master'
>>> Unpacked to /var/tmp/portage/media-video/vlc-9999/work/vlc-9999
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/media-video/vlc-9999/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/media-video/vlc-9999/work/vlc-9999
 * Starting bootstrap
++ dirname ./bootstrap
+ cd .
+ ACLOCAL_ARGS='-I m4 '
+ test -d extras/contrib/bin
++ uname -s
+ test .Linux = .Darwin
+ pkg-config --version
+ PKGCONFIG=yes
+ export AUTOPOINT
+ test ''
+ AUTOPOINT=autopoint
+ autopoint --dry-run --force
+ set +x
generating modules/**/Makefile.am
+ echo
+ echo
+ cp -f INSTALL INSTALL.git
+ autoreconf --install --force --verbose -I m4
ac-wrapper: warning: invalid WANT_AUTOCONF 'latest'; ignoring.
autoreconf-2.63: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf-2.63: running: autopoint --force
Copying file ABOUT-NLS
Copying file po/Makevars.template
Copying file po/Rules-quot
Copying file po/boldquot.sed
Copying file po/en at boldquot.header
Copying file po/en at quot.header
Copying file po/insert-header.sin
Copying file po/quot.sed
Copying file po/remove-potcdate.sin
autoreconf-2.63: running: aclocal --force -I m4
am-wrapper: warning: invalid WANT_AUTOMAKE 'latest'; ignoring.
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13: warning: underquoted definition of
AC_CHECK_LIBREISERFS
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13:   run info '(automake)Extending
aclocal'
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13:   or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
autoreconf-2.63: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf-2.63: running: libtoolize --copy --force
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `autotools'.
libtoolize: copying file `autotools/ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.
libtoolize: copying file `m4/libtool.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/lt~obsolete.m4'
am-wrapper: warning: invalid WANT_AUTOMAKE 'latest'; ignoring.
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13: warning: underquoted definition of
AC_CHECK_LIBREISERFS
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13:   run info '(automake)Extending
aclocal'
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13:   or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
autoreconf-2.63: running: /usr/bin/autoconf-2.63 --include=m4 --force
configure:36452: error: possibly undefined macro: m4_ifnblank
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf-2.63: /usr/bin/autoconf-2.63 failed with exit status: 1

after upgrading to autoconf-2.64
Initialized empty Git repository in /var/tmp/portage/media-
video/vlc-9999/work/vlc-9999/.git/
Switched to a new branch 'branch-master'
>>> Unpacked to /var/tmp/portage/media-video/vlc-9999/work/vlc-9999
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/media-video/vlc-9999/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/media-video/vlc-9999/work/vlc-9999
 * Starting bootstrap
++ dirname ./bootstrap
+ cd .
+ ACLOCAL_ARGS='-I m4 '
+ test -d extras/contrib/bin
++ uname -s
+ test .Linux = .Darwin
+ pkg-config --version
+ PKGCONFIG=yes
+ export AUTOPOINT
+ test ''
+ AUTOPOINT=autopoint
+ autopoint --dry-run --force
+ set +x
generating modules/**/Makefile.am
+ echo
+ echo
+ cp -f INSTALL INSTALL.git
+ autoreconf --install --force --verbose -I m4
ac-wrapper: warning: invalid WANT_AUTOCONF 'latest'; ignoring.
autoreconf-2.64: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf-2.64: running: autopoint --force
Copying file po/en at boldquot.header
Copying file po/en at quot.header
Copying file po/insert-header.sin
Copying file po/quot.sed
Copying file po/remove-potcdate.sin
autoreconf-2.64: running: aclocal -I m4 --force -I m4
am-wrapper: warning: invalid WANT_AUTOMAKE 'latest'; ignoring.
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13: warning: underquoted definition of
AC_CHECK_LIBREISERFS
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13:   run info '(automake)Extending
aclocal'
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13:   or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
autoreconf-2.64: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf-2.64: running: libtoolize --copy --force
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `autotools'.
libtoolize: copying file `autotools/ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.
libtoolize: copying file `m4/libtool.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/lt~obsolete.m4'
am-wrapper: warning: invalid WANT_AUTOMAKE 'latest'; ignoring.
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13: warning: underquoted definition of
AC_CHECK_LIBREISERFS
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13:   run info '(automake)Extending
aclocal'
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13:   or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
autoreconf-2.64: running: /usr/bin/autoconf-2.64 --include=m4 --force
autoreconf-2.64: running: /usr/bin/autoheader-2.64 --include=m4 --force
autoreconf-2.64: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing
am-wrapper: warning: invalid WANT_AUTOMAKE 'latest'; ignoring.
configure.ac:78: installing `autotools/compile'
configure.ac:22: installing `autotools/config.guess'
configure.ac:22: installing `autotools/config.sub'
configure.ac:25: installing `autotools/install-sh'
configure.ac:25: installing `autotools/missing'
bin/Makefile.am: installing `autotools/depcomp'
autoreconf-2.64: Leaving directory `.'
+ rm -f po/Makevars.template ABOUT-NLS
+ echo
+ mv -f INSTALL.git INSTALL
+ rm -f vlc-config.in vlc-config
+ rm -f src/misc/modules_builtin.h
+ rm -f stamp-builtin 'stamp-h*' mozilla/stamp-pic
+ set +x
Successfully bootstrapped
 * Bootstrap finished
 * Applying various patches (bugfixes/updates) ...
 *   010_all_freetype-font.patch ...
[ ok ]
 *   020_all_check_headers_regexps.patch ...
[ ok ]
 *   300_all_pic.patch ...
[ ok ]
 *   310_all_mmx_pic.patch ...
[ ok ]
 * Done with patching
 * Running eautoreconf in '/var/tmp/portage/media-
video/vlc-9999/work/vlc-9999' ...
 * Running aclocal -I m4 -I m4 -I /var/tmp/portage/media-
video/vlc-9999/work/vlc-m4 ...                     [ ok ]
 * Running libtoolize --copy --force --install --automake ...
[ ok ]
 * Running aclocal -I m4 -I m4 -I /var/tmp/portage/media-
video/vlc-9999/work/vlc-m4 ...                     [ ok ]
 * Running autoconf ...
[ ok ]
 * Running autoheader ...
[ ok ]
 * Running automake --add-missing --copy --foreign ...
[ ok ]
 * Running elibtoolize in: vlc-9999/autotools
 *   Applying sed-1.5.6.patch ...
 *   Applying as-needed-2.2.6.patch ...
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/media-video/vlc-9999/work/vlc-9999
 * econf: updating vlc-9999/autotools/config.sub with
/usr/share/gnuconfig/config.sub
 * econf: updating vlc-9999/autotools/config.guess with
/usr/share/gnuconfig/config.guess
./configure --prefix=/usr --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --
mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --
sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --enable-a52 --disable-aa --enable-
faad --enable-alsa --disable-altivec --disable-asademux --disable-atmo --
enable-bonjour --disable-fribidi --enable-vcd --disable-cddax --enable-libcddb
--disable-libcdio --enable-dbus --enable-dbus-control --disable-dirac --
enable-directfb --disable-dc1394 --disable-debug --enable-dca --enable-dvb --
enable-dvdread --enable-dvdnav --enable-fb --enable-avcodec --enable-avformat
--enable-swscale --enable-postproc --enable-flac --disable-fluidsynth --enable-
fontconfig --disable-ggi --disable-gnomevfs --enable-gnutls --enable-hal --
enable-httpd --enable-id3tag --disable-dv --disable-jack --disable-kate --
disable-libass --enable-caca --enable-libgcrypt --enable-notify --disable-
libproxy --disable-libtar --disable-tiger --enable-libsysfs --enable-libv4l2
--enable-lirc --enable-live555 --disable-lua --enable-mkv --enable-mmx --
enable-mod --enable-mad --enable-libmpeg2 --disable-mtp --enable-mpc --enable-
ncurses --enable-mozilla --with-mozilla-pkg=libxul --enable-ogg --enable-glx
--enable-opengl --disable-optimize-memory --enable-oss --disable-pda --enable-
png --disable-portaudio --disable-projectm --disable-pulse --enable-pvr --
enable-qt4 --enable-realrtsp --disable-run-as-root --enable-smb --disable-
schroedinger --enable-sdl --disable-sdl-image --disable-shine --enable-shout
--enable-skins2 --enable-speex --enable-sse --enable-sout --enable-svg --
enable-svgalib --enable-taglib --enable-theora --enable-freetype --enable-
twolame --disable-upnp --enable-v4l --enable-v4l2 --disable-vcdinfo --disable-
vcdx --enable-vorbis --enable-loader --enable-wma-fixed --enable-x11 --enable-
screen --enable-x264 --enable-xcb --enable-xinerama --enable-libxml2 --
disable-xosd --enable-xvideo --disable-xvmc --enable-zvbi --disable-telx --
disable-snapshot --disable-growl --disable-optimizations --enable-fast-install
--enable-vlm --enable-sout --enable-skins2 --enable-qt4 --disable-remoteosd
checking for gawk... gawk
checking how to create a ustar tar archive... gnutar
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... yes
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking dependency style of i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... gcc3
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc option to accept ISO C99... -std=gnu99
checking how to run the C preprocessor... i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 -E
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking minix/config.h usability... no
checking minix/config.h presence... no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
checking whether i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 and cc understand -c and -o
together... yes
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++... i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++
checking whether i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++... gcc3
checking how to run the C preprocessor... i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 -E
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU Objective C compiler... yes
checking whether i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... gcc3
checking dependency style of i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for egrep... (cached) /bin/grep -E
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking dependency style of i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99... gcc3
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib... i686-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-strip... i686-pc-linux-gnu-strip
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-ar... i686-pc-linux-gnu-ar
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld... i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-dlltool... no
checking for dlltool... no
checking for inline... inline
checking for C/C++ restrict keyword... __restrict
checking for libs in /var/tmp/portage/media-
video/vlc-9999/work/vlc-9999/./extras/contrib... no
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99... i686-pc-linux-gnu-
ld
checking if the linker (i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-objdump... objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... (cached) pass_all
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-ar... (cached) i686-pc-linux-gnu-ar
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-strip... (cached) i686-pc-linux-gnu-strip
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib... (cached) i686-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -
std=gnu99 object... ok
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... (cached) yes
checking whether i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking dependency style of i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++... (cached) gcc3
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -E
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 supports -fno-rtti -fno-
exceptions... no
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 option to produce PIC... -fPIC -
DPIC
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 static flag -static works... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 supports -c -o file.o... (cached)
yes
checking whether the i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 linker (i686-pc-linux-
gnu-ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for shl_load... no
checking for shl_load in -ldld... no
checking for dlopen... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking whether a program can dlopen itself... yes
checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... no
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking for ld used by i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++... i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld
checking if the linker (i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ linker (i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld)
supports shared libraries... yes
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ static flag -static works... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ linker (i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld)
supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking for msgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/bin/gmsgfmt
checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
checking for msgmerge... /usr/bin/msgmerge
checking for ld used by GCC... i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld
checking if the linker (i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for shared library run path origin... done
checking for CFPreferencesCopyAppValue... no
checking for CFLocaleCopyCurrent... no
checking for GNU gettext in libc... yes
checking whether to use NLS... yes
checking where the gettext function comes from... libc
checking for iconv... yes
checking for working iconv... yes
checking for iconv declaration... install-shextern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd,
char * *inbuf, size_t *inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
checking for buggy GNU/libc versions... not present
checking for shared objects suffix... .so
checking for gettimeofday... yes
checking for isatty... yes
checking for sigrelse... yes
checking for getpwuid_r... yes
checking for memalign... yes
checking for posix_memalign... yes
checking for if_nametoindex... yes
checking for getenv... yes
checking for putenv... yes
checking for setenv... yes
checking for ctime_r... yes
checking for lrintf... no
checking for daemon... yes
checking for fork... yes
checking for lstat... yes
checking for posix_fadvise... yes
checking for posix_madvise... yes
checking for uselocale... yes
checking for working alloca.h... yes
checking for alloca... yes
checking for fcntl... yes
checking for asprintf... yes
checking for atof... yes
checking for atoll... yes
checking for getcwd... yes
checking for gmtime_r... yes
checking for lldiv... yes
checking for localtime_r... yes
checking for rewind... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for strcasestr... yes
checking for strdup... yes
checking for strlcpy... no
checking for strncasecmp... yes
checking for strndup... yes
checking for strnlen... yes
checking for strsep... yes
checking for strtof... yes
checking for strtoll... yes
checking for vasprintf... yes
checking for swab... yes
checking for stricmp... no
checking for strnicmp... no
checking for fdatasync... yes
checking for vmsplice... yes
checking for fstatfs... yes
checking for mmap... yes
checking for setlocale... yes
checking langinfo.h usability... yes
checking langinfo.h presence... yes
checking for langinfo.h... yes
checking for nl_langinfo... yes
checking for nl_langinfo and CODESET... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for send... yes
checking for socklen_t in sys/socket.h... yes
checking for struct sockaddr_storage... yes
checking for library containing getaddrinfo... none required
checking for getnameinfo... yes
checking for gai_strerror... yes
checking for struct addrinfo... yes
checking for va_copy... yes
checking for __va_copy... yes
checking for inet_aton... yes
checking for getopt_long... yes
checking return type of signal handlers... void
checking for cos in -lm... yes
checking for pow in -lm... yes
checking for sqrt in -lm... yes
checking for ceil in -lm... yes
checking for exp in -lm... yes
checking for round in -lm... yes
checking for sqrtf in -lmx... no
checking dl.h usability... no
checking dl.h presence... no
checking for dl.h... no
checking for shl_load... (cached) no
checking image.h usability... no
checking image.h presence... no
checking for image.h... no
checking for load_add_on... no
checking for dlfcn.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/dl.h usability... no
checking sys/dl.h presence... no
checking for sys/dl.h... no
checking for dlopen... (cached) no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes
checking for main in -lpthread... yes
checking for clock_nanosleep in -lrt... yes
checking for nanosleep... yes
checking for strncasecmp in strings.h... yes
checking getopt.h usability... yes
checking getopt.h presence... yes
checking for getopt.h... yes
checking for strings.h... (cached) yes
checking locale.h usability... yes
checking locale.h presence... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking xlocale.h usability... yes
checking xlocale.h presence... yes
checking for xlocale.h... yes
checking fcntl.h usability... yes
checking fcntl.h presence... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/time.h usability... yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking sys/times.h usability... yes
checking sys/times.h presence... yes
checking for sys/times.h... yes
checking sys/ioctl.h usability... yes
checking sys/ioctl.h presence... yes
checking for sys/ioctl.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/mount.h usability... yes
checking sys/mount.h presence... yes
checking for sys/mount.h... yes
checking arpa/inet.h usability... yes
checking arpa/inet.h presence... yes
checking for arpa/inet.h... yes
checking netinet/in.h usability... yes
checking netinet/in.h presence... yes
checking for netinet/in.h... yes
checking netinet/udplite.h usability... no
checking netinet/udplite.h presence... no
checking for netinet/udplite.h... no
checking sys/eventfd.h usability... yes
checking sys/eventfd.h presence... yes
checking for sys/eventfd.h... yes
checking for net/if.h... yes
checking machine/param.h usability... no
checking machine/param.h presence... no
checking for machine/param.h... no
checking sys/shm.h usability... yes
checking sys/shm.h presence... yes
checking for sys/shm.h... yes
checking linux/version.h usability... yes
checking linux/version.h presence... yes
checking for linux/version.h... yes
checking linux/dccp.h usability... yes
checking linux/dccp.h presence... yes
checking for linux/dccp.h... yes
checking scsi/scsi.h usability... yes
checking scsi/scsi.h presence... yes
checking for scsi/scsi.h... yes
checking syslog.h usability... yes
checking syslog.h presence... yes
checking for syslog.h... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking for ssize_t... yes
checking for library containing poll... none required
checking dirent.h usability... yes
checking dirent.h presence... yes
checking for dirent.h... yes
checking for nanosleep in time.h... yes
checking for timespec in sys/time.h... yes
checking pthread.h usability... yes
checking pthread.h presence... yes
checking for pthread.h... yes
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-pkg-config... no
checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking for MINIZIP... no
checking unzip.h usability... no
checking unzip.h presence... no
checking for unzip.h... no
checking for DBUS... yes
checking for ntohl in sys/param.h... no
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 accepts -Wall... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 accepts -Wextra... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 accepts -Wsign-compare... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 accepts -Wundef... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 accepts -Wpointer-arith... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 accepts -Wbad-function-cast...
yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 accepts -Wcast-align... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 accepts -Wwrite-strings... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 accepts -Wmissing-prototypes...
yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 accepts -Wvolatile-register-
var... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 accepts -Werror-implicit-
function-declaration... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 accepts -pipe... yes
checking if $CC accepts -Os... yes
checking if $CC accepts -O4... yes
checking if $CC accepts -O0... yes
checking if $CC accepts -ffast-math... yes
checking if $CC accepts -funroll-loops... yes
checking if $CC accepts -fomit-frame-pointer... yes
checking if $CC accepts -bundle -undefined error... no
checking __attribute__ ((aligned ())) support... 64
checking for __attribute__((packed))... yes
checking execinfo.h usability... yes
checking execinfo.h presence... yes
checking for execinfo.h... yes
checking for backtrace... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 groks MMX intrinsics... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 groks MMX inline assembly... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 groks MMX EXT inline assembly...
yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 groks SSE2 intrinsics... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 groks SSE inline assembly... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 groks SSE2 inline assembly... yes
checking if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 groks 3D Now! inline assembly...
yes
checking whether i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 accepts -mtune=pentium2...
yes
checking for NOTIFY... yes
checking for TAGLIB... yes
checking liveMedia_version.hh usability... yes
checking liveMedia_version.hh presence... yes
checking for liveMedia_version.hh... yes
checking for liveMedia version >= 1214895600 ... yes
checking liveMedia.hh usability... yes
checking liveMedia.hh presence... yes
checking for liveMedia.hh... yes
checking for main in -lliveMedia_pic... no
checking for main in -lliveMedia... yes
checking dvdread/dvd_reader.h usability... yes
checking dvdread/dvd_reader.h presence... yes
checking for dvdread/dvd_reader.h... yes
checking for dvdnav-config... /usr/bin/dvdnav-config
checking libsmbclient.h usability... yes
checking libsmbclient.h presence... yes
checking for libsmbclient.h... yes
checking for dvbpsi/dr.h... yes
checking for dvbpsi_GenSDTSections in -ldvbpsi... yes
checking linux/videodev.h usability... yes
checking linux/videodev.h presence... yes
checking for linux/videodev.h... yes
checking linux/videodev2.h usability... yes
checking linux/videodev2.h presence... yes
checking for linux/videodev2.h... yes
checking for LIBV4L2... yes
checking for new linux/videodev2.h... yes
checking for cdrom_msf0 in linux/cdrom.h... yes
checking for scsireq in sys/scsiio.h... no
checking for ioc_toc_header in sys/cdio.h... no
checking for LIBCDDB... yes
checking linux/dvb/version.h usability... yes
checking linux/dvb/version.h presence... yes
checking for linux/dvb/version.h... yes
checking linux/dvb/frontend.h usability... yes
checking linux/dvb/frontend.h presence... yes
checking for linux/dvb/frontend.h... yes
checking for inet_pton... yes
checking for inet_ntop... yes
checking for OGG... yes
checking for MUX_OGG... yes
checking for shout... yes
checking ebml/EbmlVersion.h usability... yes
checking ebml/EbmlVersion.h presence... yes
checking for ebml/EbmlVersion.h... yes
checking for libebml version >= 0.7.7... yes
checking matroska/KaxVersion.h usability... yes
checking matroska/KaxVersion.h presence... yes
checking for matroska/KaxVersion.h... yes
checking for libmatroska version >= 0.8.0... yes
checking matroska/KaxAttachments.h usability... yes
checking matroska/KaxAttachments.h presence... yes
checking for matroska/KaxAttachments.h... yes
checking for main in -lebml_pic... no
checking for main in -lebml... yes
checking libmodplug/modplug.h usability... yes
checking libmodplug/modplug.h presence... yes
checking for libmodplug/modplug.h... yes
checking mpc/mpcdec.h usability... yes
checking mpc/mpcdec.h presence... yes
checking for mpc/mpcdec.h... yes
configure: WARNING: only static linking is available, you must provide a gme-
tree
checking for mad... yes
checking id3tag.h usability... yes
checking id3tag.h presence... yes
checking for id3tag.h... yes
checking for AVCODEC... yes
checking libavcodec/avcodec.h usability... yes
checking libavcodec/avcodec.h presence... yes
checking for libavcodec/avcodec.h... yes
checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h usability... no
checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h presence... no
checking for ffmpeg/avcodec.h... no
checking libavutil/avutil.h usability... yes
checking libavutil/avutil.h presence... yes
checking for libavutil/avutil.h... yes
checking ffmpeg/avutil.h usability... no
checking ffmpeg/avutil.h presence... no
checking for ffmpeg/avutil.h... no
checking for AVFORMAT... yes
checking libavformat/avformat.h usability... yes
checking libavformat/avformat.h presence... yes
checking for libavformat/avformat.h... yes
checking ffmpeg/avformat.h usability... no
checking ffmpeg/avformat.h presence... no
checking for ffmpeg/avformat.h... no
checking for libavutil/avutil.h... (cached) yes
checking for ffmpeg/avutil.h... (cached) no
checking for SWSCALE... yes
checking libswscale/swscale.h usability... yes
checking libswscale/swscale.h presence... yes
checking for libswscale/swscale.h... yes
checking ffmpeg/swscale.h usability... no
checking ffmpeg/swscale.h presence... no
checking for ffmpeg/swscale.h... no
checking for POSTPROC... yes
checking libpostproc/postproc.h usability... no
checking libpostproc/postproc.h presence... no
checking for libpostproc/postproc.h... no
checking postproc/postprocess.h usability... no
checking postproc/postprocess.h presence... no
checking for postproc/postprocess.h... no
checking faad.h usability... yes
checking faad.h presence... yes
checking for faad.h... yes
checking for faacDecOpen in -lfaad... no
checking for NeAACDecOpen in -lfaad... yes
checking for twolame... yes
checking sysfs/libsysfs.h usability... yes
checking sysfs/libsysfs.h presence... yes
checking for sysfs/libsysfs.h... yes
checking a52dec/a52.h usability... yes
checking a52dec/a52.h presence... yes
checking for a52dec/a52.h... yes
checking for a52_free in -la52... yes
checking for DCA... yes
checking for FLAC... yes
checking for LIBMPEG2... yes
checking for VORBIS... yes
checking for SPEEX... yes
checking for THEORA... yes
checking png.h usability... yes
checking png.h presence... yes
checking for png.h... yes
checking for png_set_rows in -lpng... yes
checking for X264... yes
checking if linker supports -Bsymbolic... yes
checking for ZVBI... yes
checking for X... libraries , headers
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... (cached) yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking X11/Xlib.h usability... yes
checking X11/Xlib.h presence... yes
checking for X11/Xlib.h... yes
checking for XShmAttach in -lXext... yes
checking for X11/extensions/dpms.h... yes
checking for DPMSInfo in X11/extensions/dpms.h... yes
checking X11/extensions/Xv.h usability... yes
checking X11/extensions/Xv.h presence... yes
checking for X11/extensions/Xv.h... yes
checking for XvPutImage in -lXv... yes
checking for X11/Xlib.h... (cached) yes
checking GL/glu.h usability... yes
checking GL/glu.h presence... yes
checking for GL/glu.h... yes
checking GL/glx.h usability... yes
checking GL/glx.h presence... yes
checking for GL/glx.h... yes
checking X11/extensions/Xinerama.h usability... yes
checking X11/extensions/Xinerama.h presence... yes
checking for X11/extensions/Xinerama.h... yes
checking for XineramaQueryExtension in -lXinerama_pic... no
checking for XineramaQueryExtension in -lXinerama... yes
checking for X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h... yes
checking for XF86VidModeGetViewPort in -lXxf86vm_pic... no
checking for XF86VidModeGetViewPort in -lXxf86vm... yes
checking for XPROTO... yes
checking for XCB... yes
checking for XCB_SHM... yes
checking for XCB_XV... yes
checking for XCB_RANDR... yes
checking for XCB_KEYSYMS... yes
checking GL/gl.h usability... yes
checking GL/gl.h presence... yes
checking for GL/gl.h... yes
checking for GL/glu.h... (cached) yes
checking for sdl12-config... no
checking for sdl11-config... no
checking for sdl-config... /usr/bin/sdl-config
checking SDL/SDL.h usability... yes
checking SDL/SDL.h presence... yes
checking for SDL/SDL.h... yes
checking for FREETYPE... yes
checking fontconfig/fontconfig.h usability... yes
checking fontconfig/fontconfig.h presence... yes
checking for fontconfig/fontconfig.h... yes
checking Carbon/Carbon.h usability... no
checking Carbon/Carbon.h presence... no
checking for Carbon/Carbon.h... no
checking for libxml2... yes
checking for SVG... yes
checking cascade/graphics/CascadeScreen.h usability... no
checking cascade/graphics/CascadeScreen.h presence... no
checking for cascade/graphics/CascadeScreen.h... no
configure: WARNING: Not building Roku HD1000 compatible video output
checking cascade/graphics/CascadeBitmap.h usability... no
checking cascade/graphics/CascadeBitmap.h presence... no
checking for cascade/graphics/CascadeBitmap.h... no
configure: WARNING: Not building Roku HD1000 compatible video output
checking linux/fb.h usability... yes
checking linux/fb.h presence... yes
checking for linux/fb.h... yes
checking for directfb-config... /usr/bin/directfb-config
checking for caca... yes
checking soundcard.h usability... no
checking soundcard.h presence... no
checking for soundcard.h... no
checking sys/soundcard.h usability... yes
checking sys/soundcard.h presence... yes
checking for sys/soundcard.h... yes
checking for main in -lossaudio... no
checking for ALSA... yes
checking deschutes/libraries/hdmachinex225/PCMAudioPlayer.h usability... no
checking deschutes/libraries/hdmachinex225/PCMAudioPlayer.h presence... no
checking for deschutes/libraries/hdmachinex225/PCMAudioPlayer.h... no
checking for QT4... yes
checking for moc-qt4... no
checking for moc... /usr/bin/moc
checking for rcc... /usr/bin/rcc
checking for uic-qt4... no
checking for uic... /usr/bin/uic
checking Ph.h usability... no
checking Ph.h presence... no
checking for Ph.h... no
checking ncurses.h usability... yes
checking ncurses.h presence... yes
checking for ncurses.h... yes
checking for mvprintw in -lncursesw... yes
checking for tgetent in -lncursesw... yes
checking for goom... no
configure: WARNING: Library libgoom2 needed for goom was not found
checking for BONJOUR... yes
checking for HAL... yes
checking for lirc... no
configure: error: Library liblircclient0 needed for lirc was not found

!!! Please attach the following file when seeking support:
!!! /var/tmp/portage/media-video/vlc-9999/work/vlc-9999/config.log
 *
 * ERROR: media-video/vlc-9999 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_configure
 *             environment, line 4076:  Called econf '--enable-a52' '--