[vlc-devel] RE : [NEW FEATURE] -- recorded videos and snapshots made available in GUI

brezhoneg1 brezhoneg1 at yahoo.fr
Fri Aug 14 20:25:57 CEST 2009

 wrote:
> >>    Their location is changed to be more consistent
> >>     - snaphots are moved from userdir into userdir/snapshot (on
Linux)
> >>     - records are moved from homedir into userdir/recorded
> >
> > From which file system convention is this coming from?
> >
> > I am not very keen on creating non-hidden directories into the
user's
> home
> > if it's not conventional.
>
> In fact, we should use ~/Desktop on Linux too, I guess.

userdir actually refers to .local/share/vlc, not the home directory of
users.

Anyway, I am open to any suggestions. I've got no religion about it.

Would the following be better :

 Linux :   ~/Desktop/vlc/movies and ~/Desktop/vlc/pictures
 OSX   :   ~/Movies/VLC and ~/Pictures/VLC  (as proposed in another
post)

Rgds
Erwan10