[vlc-devel] Multiple instances and/or multiple players

Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen beauze.h at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 13:34:21 CEST 2009

2009/8/18 Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>:

> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 12:39:14 +0200, Pierre d'Herbemont
> <pdherbemont at gmail.com> wrote:
>> A few things come to my mind:
>> - multiple instances is not something that is being tested a lot in VLC.
>
> Neither are multiple players.

As Ludovic / etix said, we (vlmc team) used this a lot, without any problem.
The only thing that was a problem for us was multiple media, which,
once cloned, share the same input_item, that holds the media options,
which force us to create a bunch of media with independent input item
to avoid strange things to happen... but I guess this is off topic.
To put it in a nutshell : one instance and many players works well.

--
Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen