[vlc-devel] commit: qt4: you don't need to sort on invalid index (Ilkka Ollakka )

Jakob Leben jakob.leben at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 17:22:27 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Ilkka Ollakka
<ilkka.ollakka+vlc at oamk.fi<ilkka.ollakka%2Bvlc at oamk.fi>
> wrote:

> On ti 18. elokuuta 2009 16.06.03, Jakob Leben wrote:
> > The point is that invalid index means root item. You do need to sort root
> > item, right. Maybe I didn't document it enough.
>
> Ain't it little misleading then on what to sort, of otherwise you sort
> node under popup?

Hmm, you've got a point: the column on which you right clicked can determine
the column by which to sort. But then we have the problem, how to sort the
root item through popup. But maybe we don't need to allow that anyway, as we
can do that via the header of the tree view.

Another idea I have is that we actually sort the parent of the item which
was right-clicked. How does that taste to you?