[vlc-devel] Can anyone tell me why this patch was done?

Niles Bindel zaggal69 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 18:37:15 CEST 2009

Hi all,

As per my previous post, I'm trying to resolve an issue with the Mozilla
plugin playlist.  I've found this in the March 2009 archives and believe it
is highly relevant to what I've been trying to figure out.

Could someone please explain to me what the purpose of this patch was or
point me to a discussion about it?  I was unable to find any previous
discussion in the archive.

http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2009-March/056999.html

I really need to understand why the playlist removed from the plugin because
putting it back in is how I resolved the playback file transitioning issue.
I'd really like to resolve this issue in a manner that does not require me
to patch/recompile my own copy of the plugin especially since I had to use
the deprecated function libvlc_playlist_get_media_player to accomplish it
(which, I assume, is one reason for the above patch).