[vlc-devel] commit: CPU: get rid of signal(SIGILL) - not thread-safe (in LibVLC) ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 22:15:09 CEST 2009

On Aug 21, 2009, at 9:31 PM, git version control wrote:

> +# warning FIXME!
> +# define fork() (errno = ENOSYS, -1)
> +    (void)pid;
> +    (void)psz_capability;
> +    return true;
> +#endif

I used to have no opinion on this, but I think that VLC_UNUSED(arg) is
a lot better than (void)arg. Mostly because this is more explicit, and
then because it could be instrumented.

As a side node __attribute__((unused)) is probably better since it
could allow certain optimization from the compiler. We could switch to
it.

Hence VLC_UNUSED makes it a bit easier if we wanted, for instance, to
switch to __attribute__((unused)), because grep wouldn't return false
positive.

Pierre.