[vlc-devel] playlist: flat / tree separation

Jakob Leben jakob.leben at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 17:00:05 CEST 2009

In practice:
If you want a tree like media library and flat playlist, fine, we can still
use playlist_item_t for both. If you want strictly always flat playlist,
then even if the user drags nodes from media library into playlist, they get
flattened down into a list and then inserted. Or you could have a popup
"flatten" option operating on selected items, and then the user can make the
playlist flat for himself, or not, just as they please.

But the items should always be displayed structurally equal to how they are
stored. Except for when you don't need to do structural operations on them
(like: right now it is weird that you can move around items when you are in
the reduced "search" view, it should be disabled in my opinion).