[vlc-devel] commit: Don't treat strict-aliasing as error, this?break Win32 compilation too much (Jean-Baptiste Kempf )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Aug 25 21:33:40 CEST 2009

Le mardi 25 août 2009 22:26:07 Jean-Baptiste Kempf, vous avez écrit :
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:21:18PM +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> > Besides, I refuse to stop or slow down VLC development just because one
> > damn platform has no developers. If you want a "portable" with more bugs
> > and fewer features, you can revive the 0.8.6 branch or fork.
>
> There is a difference between slowing down development and deliberatly
> breaking one platform.

I don't think that Pierre's *intended* to break the Windows port. He intended
to force people to write correct new code and fix broken old code.

It is unrealistic to ask for developers never to break other configurations -
especially but not limited to other platforms - than their own.

http://www.remlab.net/