[vlc-devel] commit: Implement access_GetParentInput and demux_GetParentInput and use. ( Pierre d'Herbemont )

xxcv xxcv07 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 12:10:02 CEST 2009

Pierre d'Herbemont wrote:
> Hi xxcv,
>
> This bug report is missing some important and precise info:
>
> Does reverting this commit fixes the issue?
> Do you have a backtrace of the crash?
> Could you precisely state the steps to reproduce, in numbered order?
Alright here we go,
1. Download
"Matrix.Reloaded.Trailer-640x346-XviD-1.0beta1-HE_AAC_subtitled.mkv"
from somewhere on the v.o FTP, or on the internet.
2. Save the attached file
"Matrix.Reloaded.Trailer-640x346-XviD-1.0beta1-HE_AAC_subtitled.srt" and
copy it in the same directory of the above video file so vlc is gonna
load it.
3. Play the video and the external subtitle file you just saved should
be loaded.
4. Ctrl+q or whatever it is needed to quit.
Here it triggers different assert() in the core code when the interface
is different i.e, -Iqt4 or -I NULL
The reason that I tried it on NULL because I suspect that the crash is
not interface related problem and is trying to isolate the problem.

Let me know if you're able to reproduce it.

Regards.