[vlc-devel] Embed VLC in C

youssef azzouzi sidimoulay2000 at hotmail.fr
Fri Aug 28 10:16:57 CEST 2009

Hi,Thank you but it does not help, I tried this before open this topic, I am using GCC in Linux Ubuntu,
so some includes of library does not work and it returns me messages like that:pppp.c: In function ‘main’:
pppp.c:10: erreur: ‘VLC_Create’ undeclared (first use in this function)
pppp.c:10: erreur: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
pppp.c:10: erreur: for each function it appears in.)
pppp.c:17: erreur: ‘VLC_Die’ undeclared (first use in this function)
pppp.c:18: erreur: ‘VLC_CleanUp’ undeclared (first use in this function)
pppp.c:19: erreur: ‘VLC_Destroy’ undeclared (first use in this function)

First, I try to build a simple code that it creates an instance of VLC
initialises and destroys but it does not work.

Need your help
 > Hi,
>
> I want to embed VLC in a C program, so I am looking for a simple
>  code that
> catchs video by my camera and send it to IP_address:Port by UDP
>  protocole.
>
> Regards

http://wiki.videolan.org/Libvlc
some code examples. For capturing and streaming, copy sout string from VLC GUI (so use GUI to generate the string) and paste it as args to your libvlc instance.