[vlc-devel] Build errors (brp checks).

Dominique Leuenberger dominique at leuenberger.net
Fri Aug 28 10:25:25 CEST 2009

Quoting Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>:

> On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:54:45 +0300, Dominique Leuenberger
> <dominique at leuenberger.net> wrote:
>> for dirs_xdg.c:
>> config/dirs_xdg.c: In function 'config_GetUserDir':
>> config/dirs_xdg.c:233: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
>
> GCC bug. Wontfix.

btw: of course I see why you say there is no error in vlc... of course
the 'end' of the function can't be reached without a return due to the
generic assert. But what's the 'damage' if we just make the compiler
happy? Any nasty side effect we add a return NULL after the assertion?
this will never be reached and the compiler is happy...