[vlc-devel] core playlist

Jakob Leben jakob.leben at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 14:53:52 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Jakob Leben <jakob.leben at gmail.com> wrote:

> Calling module_need() for the same services discovery module more than once
> certainly does not go against "SD managed by core" or against having
> multiple interfaces access the same MTP device, for example.

I mean, I don't know insides of module_need() but probably a module's
dynamic library is loaded only once even upon subsequent calls to
module_need(). And a module can internally keep only one connection to for
example a database or a MTP device and handle request's from many interfaces
for data in that database or device.