[vlc-devel] Embed VLC in C

Kaarlo Räihä agent_007 at luukku.com
Fri Aug 28 15:08:25 CEST 2009

What VLC version are you using and which tutorial are you following?
http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2008-May/043288.html

VLC_Create was removed last year, so I am guessing you are following wrong tutorial.

youssef azzouzi kirjoitti 28.08.2009 kello 11:16:

> Hi,Thank you but it does not help, I tried this before open this
>  topic, I
> am using GCC in Linux Ubuntu,
> so some includes of library does not work and it returns me messages
>  like
> that:pppp.c: In function main:
> pppp.c:10: erreur: VLC_Create undeclared (first use in this function)
> pppp.c:10: erreur: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> pppp.c:10: erreur: for each function it appears in.)
> pppp.c:17: erreur: VLC_Die undeclared (first use in this function)
> pppp.c:18: erreur: VLC_CleanUp undeclared (first use in this function)
> pppp.c:19: erreur: VLC_Destroy undeclared (first use in this
>  function)
>
> First, I try to build a simple code that it creates an instance of VLC
> initialises and destroys but it does not work.
>
> Need your help
>  > Hi,
> >
> > I want to embed VLC in a C program, so I am looking for a simple
> >  code that
> > catchs video by my camera and send it to IP_address:Port by UDP
> >  protocole.
> >
> > Regards
>
> http://wiki.videolan.org/Libvlc
> some code examples. For capturing and streaming, copy sout string
>  from VLC
> GUI (so use GUI to generate the string) and paste it as args to your
>  libvlc
> instance.

> Avec Windows Live, vous organisez, retouchez et partagez vos photos.
> http://www.microsoft.com/northafrica/windows/windowslive/products/photo-gall
> ery-edit.aspx

Luukku Plus -paketilla pääset eroon tila- ja turvallisuusongelmista.
Hanki Luukku Plus ja helpotat elämääsi. http://www.mtv3.fi/luukku