[vlc-devel] Problem with configure-msys.sh - configure: error: Library twolame needed for twolame was not found

Niles Bindel zaggal69 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 23:28:40 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Whenever I run configure-msys.sh from a clean git I encounter the following
error:
configure: error: Library twolame needed for twolame was not found

I've encountered this problem ever since I've tried compiling VLC for the
first time a few weeks ago.  I used to have a similar issue with zvbi, but
that seems to have been fixed since then.  I've checked the contribs folder
and twolame is present, but I am using the pre-compiled contribs from 1.0.0
as that seems to be the last version they were made for.

The problem can be resolved by disabling twolame (--disable-twolame), but I
assume that it is supposed to be enabled in Win32 builds.

I just wanted to know if this is just an issue on my end or if it's an
actual bug in the build process on win32?

Regards,

Niles