[vlc-devel] VLC worked in 64bits native binary format on Vista x64

xxcv xxcv07 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 02:27:24 CEST 2009

Hi!

I have got good new for you! VLC media player worked on Vista 64bits in
native 64-bits binary format.
I've used a x86_64-w64-mingw32 gcc compiler and latest mingw-w64-crt at
sf.net and it proves to work really well!
I'd like to see VLC for windows to continue down this path. So far I
don't have a GUI because qt4 wouldn't work with x86_64-w64-mingw32
compiler, its build system or source code is causing the internal
compiler error to show up.
I don't know if qt4 developers are planning this move to support the new
x86_64-w64-mingw32 compiler but I do hope so that they support it in the
near future.

Regards.