[vlc-devel] RE : commit: mediadirs: new service_discoveries to import picture/music/ video directories

brezhoneg1 brezhoneg1 at yahoo.fr
Sun Aug 30 15:10:16 CEST 2009

> > mediadirs: new service_discoveries to import picture/music/video
> directories within the vlc GUIs.
>

> Btw, how do we manage CLSID_MYVIDEO on Win2k ?

For now, only CSIDL_MYPICTURES is used in vlc code
(usr/config/dir_win.c).
Music and Videos still point to homedir.

On msdn, things are not really clear when to use CSIDL_MYVIDEO and
CSIDL_MUSIC. ( see remarks at the bottom of
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762181%28VS.85%29.aspx ), and
what happens if an unsupported csidl is used (if it just returns a NULL
path, it's easy to fall back on some other directories).

Also, this is now a deprecated way of doing things for Vista (backward
compatibility). Nothing is said for Windows7

Maybe, you have more insight in this matter .... help welcome !

Rgds
Erwan10