[vlc-devel] commit: mediadirs: change recursive option for reading directories ( Erwan Tulou )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Aug 30 20:06:11 CEST 2009

Le dimanche 30 août 2009 20:59:41 git version control, vous avez écrit :
> vlc | branch: master | Erwan Tulou <erwan10 at videolan.org> | Sun Aug 30
> 19:34:37 2009 +0200| [d4e0038246f4738be9461c90814133e79c5e5511] |
> committer: Erwan Tulou
>
> mediadirs: change recursive option for reading directories
>
> recursive=expand can be too time-consuming (preventing users from exiting
> vlc)

I purposedly wrote the directory access such that pf_block reads one item per
call. That way, the I/O can be interrupted fast. What you describe sounds like
either a bug whereby the XSPF demuxer lacks pacing, or the user interface
sucks at updating the playlist view, or both.

I am not very convinced by the fix. You could have thousands of files in a
single directory as well...

http://www.remlab.net/