[vlc-devel] Build's broken

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Aug 31 11:13:06 CEST 2009

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 09:58:13 +0200, Pierre d'Herbemont
<pdherbemont at gmail.com> wrote:
> If it doesn't work we can consider gcc -Wunitialized as too buggy to
> be reliable as an error. (This will depend on gcc version though).

The warning does say "may be". And I think we cannot blame GCC here, as
this seems equivalent to the halting problem.

IIRC, GCC prints a slightly different message when it is sure that the
variable is uninitialized, but I guess there is only one command line flags
for both.