[vlc-devel] Patch to directly manipulate transcode output aspect ratio flag

Vytautas Stankevičius v.stankevicius at lrtc.lt
Mon Aug 31 15:18:46 CEST 2009

Hello

Posting this as it might be useful to someone (it was useful for me at
least).

Patch taken from
http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/vlc-devel/2007-01/msg00086.html and
adjusted to bugfix branch.

After transcoding from H.264 live stream (mpeg2video is not affected) to
simple msmpeg4 wrapped in access=mmsh,mux=asfh, I've got wrong aspect
ratio on output (some crazy ratio as 2.17, access=http,mux=ts gives
correct aspect ratio).

(Although on this usage scenario this patch is hiding the real bug)

Best regards