[vlc-devel] Streaming wizard issues

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Dec 2 09:23:09 CET 2009

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 01:49:02 +0100, Pierre Ynard <linkfanel at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>> - This allows us to make it clearer that some protocols take a local
>>   address to bind to, and maybe a path
>
> One might even ask, do we even need to allow the user to choose
> something else than 0.0.0.0 ?

If I recall correctly, the ancestor of the wizard used to show a flat list
of all targets, each with an address and a port field. Yes, that was in
WxWidgets time. The design of the Qt4 wizard destination boxes is coming
more or less directly from that.

I agree that HTTP and WMSP (and would-be RTSP) don't need the address field
at all.