[vlc-devel] commit: avcodec: drop own threading code and just let ffmpeg handle it own threading ( Ilkka Ollakka )

Konstantin Pavlov thresh at altlinux.ru
Thu Dec 3 09:06:34 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 03:07:42PM +0100, git version control wrote:
> vlc | branch: master | Ilkka Ollakka <ileoo at iki.fi> | Sun Nov  8 15:34:35 2009 +0200| [0530b1850b04e2cabcdc69bb497fadc46b503dbf] | committer: Ilkka Ollakka
>
> avcodec: drop own threading code and just let ffmpeg handle it own threading
>
> This means that multithread encoding with avcodec now needs
> --enable-pthreads/--enable-w32threads.

I believe this commit (and the next one,
4863c909f98a10736b994ca6c06d749e3cbeda44) should be backport to 1.0-bugfix
branch.

This commit (as mentioned in another mail in this thread) fixes segfaults
when using multiple threads to encode, i've already got bug reports about
this.

Any objections to backport it?

--
For children with short attention spans: boomerangs that don't come back.