[vlc-devel] how do I send message or call a function across plugins?

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Dec 4 16:55:43 CET 2009

   Hello,

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 07:49:25 -0800, "L{ DiracDelta( t ) }"
<ldiracdelta at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the qt4 gui module, how do I call a function for another plugin with
the
> other plugin's p_intf pointer?  I want a qt4 menu item to trigger
behavior
> in the other plugin by calling a method defined for that other plugin.

In most cases, you can't do that. The Qt4 thread is generally not
synchronized with the other thread (probably the main one) that initialized
the other object. Different interfaces are not expected to interact
directly with one another.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis