[vlc-devel] Last call for release 1.0.4

Ilkka Ollakka ileoo at videolan.org
Wed Dec 9 10:26:49 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 10:18:17AM +0100, Marian Ďurkovič wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 09:49:56AM +0100, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > I think there are approximately zero users who:
> >  - will read the NEWS file carefully,
> >  - use the Network open tab for RTP streams,
> >  - do not pay attention to its port number widget,
> >  - have poor knowledge of network protocols, *and*
> >  - yet would understand a notice that the default RTP port
> >    changed in the Qt4 interface.

> Yes. That's exactly why I'm proposing a config option, which could be
> used to make 1234 a default port for RTP again :-)

Sounds like you're trying to archive easy-usability littlebit wrong way.
What I've read, seems that you have multicast-network in use and
instructions are something like 'choose file-> open network, type in
this address, profit' ?

Instead why don't just just use sdp-files from http-server to launch
streams? could be easiert to end-user ( if theres linked sdp-extension
to vlc )

--
Ilkka Ollakka
Be braver -- you can't cross a chasm in two small jumps.