[vlc-devel] CLI Bindings : AccessViolationException on player

Damien maitredede at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 12:37:43 CET 2009

2009/12/9 Rafaël Carré <rafael.carre at gmail.com>

> On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:17:44 +0100
> Damien <maitredede at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have added log parameters : same behavior, and log file is not
> > created.
> logging relies on the logger module
> > [0x643860] main libvlc error: no memcpy module matched "any"
> but no modules at all are found
> --
> Rafaël Carré

I have made a try with copying my binaries to VLC install dir. Same

I have made a try using Mono for windows. Mono seems not to search DLL in
environement path (I will ask mono mailing list).

I have copied my binaries to VLC install dir, and started my binaries with
Mono. Seems better :
mono --version : 2.4.3
Messages shown :
[0x24f8d84] main libvlc debug: VLC media player - version 1.0.3 Goldeneye -
(c) 1996-2009 the VideoLAN team
[0x24f8d84] main libvlc debug: libvlc was configured with .././configure
 '--host=i586-mingw32msvc' '--build=i386-linux' '--enable-dirac'
'--enable-mkv' '--enable-taglib' '--enable-release' '--enable-nls'
'--without-contrib' '--enable-update-check' '--enable-lua' '--enable-faad'
'--enable-flac' '--enable-theora' '--enable-twolame' '--enable-quicktime'
'--enable-real' '--enable-avcodec' '--enable-dca' '--enable-mpc'
'--enable-libass' '--enable-x264' '--enable-schroedinger'
'--enable-realrtsp' '--enable-live555' '--with-live555-tree=/usr/win32/
live.com' '--enable-dvdread' '--with-dvdnav-config-path=/usr/win32/bin'
'--enable-shout' '--enable-goom' '--enable-caca'
'--with-caca-config-path=/usr/win32/bin' '--enable-portaudio' '--enable-sdl'
'--with-sdl-config-path=/usr/win32/bin' '--enable-qt4' '--enable-mozilla'
'--with-mozilla-sdk-path=/usr/win32/gecko-sdk' '--enable-activex'
'--enable-sse' '--enable-mmx' '--disable-fluidsynth' '--disable-gnomevfs'
'--disable-hal' '--disable-cddax' '--disable-vcdx' '--disable-libcdio'
'--disable-vcdinfo' '--disable-libcddb' '--disable-dvb' '--enable-zvbi'
'--disable-telx' '--disable-pulse' 'build_alias=i386-linux'
'host_alias=i586-mingw32msvc' 'CC=i586-mingw32msvc-gcc'
'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/win32/lib' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/win32/include
-I/usr/win32/include/ebml' 'CXX=i586-mingw32msvc-g++'
[0x24f8d84] main libvlc debug: translation test: code is "C"
[0x24f8d84] main libvlc debug: checking plugin modules
[0x24f8d84] main libvlc debug: recursively browsing `c:\Program
[0x24f8d84] main libvlc debug: recursively browsing `c:\Program
[0x24f8d84] main libvlc debug: module bank initialized (1 modules)
[0x24f8d84] main libvlc debug: CPU has capabilities 486 586 MMX MMXEXT SSE
[0x24f8d84] main libvlc debug: looking for memcpy module: 0 candidates
[0x24f8d84] main libvlc error: no memcpy module matched "any"
[0x2529d04] main playlist debug: Activated
[0x25387f4] main interface debug: looking for interface module: 0 candidates
[0x25387f4] main interface error: no interface module matched "hotkeys,none"
[0x25387f4] main interface debug: TIMER module_need() : 19,000 ms - Total
19,000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 19,000 ms)
[0x25387f4] main interface error: no suitable interface module
[0x24f8d84] main libvlc error: interface "hotkeys,none" initialization
[0x24f8d84] main libvlc error: option syslog does not exist
[0x24f8d84] main libvlc error: option drawable-xid does not exist
[0x2529d04] main playlist debug: adding item `plugins' ( C:\Program
Files\VideoLAN\VLC\plugins )
[0x2529d04] main playlist debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist
[0x2529d04] main playlist debug: rebuild done - 0 items, index -1

I still have an error when calling the MediaPlayer.Play() method :
[0x24e8a4c] main input debug: Creating an input for 'a.avi'
[0x254c6Media : d:\a.avi        Meta : NowPlaying       Value=c
4] main input debug: Creating an input for 'a.avi'

  at (wrapper managed-to-native) VideoLAN.LibVLC.LibVLC.PlayerPlay
(VideoLAN.LibVLC.PlayerHandle,VideoLAN.LibVLC.NativeException) <0x00004>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) VideoLAN.LibVLC.LibVLC.PlayerPlay
(VideoLAN.LibVLC.PlayerHandle,VideoLAN.LibVLC.NativeException) <0xffffffff>
  at VideoLAN.LibVLC.Player.Play () <0x00023>
  at MaitreDede.MediaServer.Program.Main (string[]) <0x0045d>
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke)
(object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I think the mixed messages are due to threading issue : the message "Media :
d:\a.avi        Meta : NowPlaying       Value=" is from my code, in the
handler of the media event MetaChange.

According to "vlc --H", file logging is enabled with "--file-logging"
option. I have not found the generated file, nor the way to set file path,
so no log file.

All this shounds hard to debug and make it work...

I am going to do more tests...

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/attachments/20091209/b383ef00/attachment.html>

More information about the vlc-devel mailing list