[vlc-devel] CLI Bindings : AccessViolationException on player

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 9 20:08:29 CET 2009

Sorry for the confusion.

Lets make this really simple. What vlc command line arguments can be applied to vlc.ex under say windows xp that will create a log file with debug output say -vvv?

I have tried doing that by taking the vlc desktop shortcut and adding the two logging options one for the logfile path/name and the other for type of logfile output say text.

Recently in trying to find the right combination I have seen vlc forum messages as late as dec 3rd where people were trying to get logfiles and vlc_help response that is may be broken. It may be simple operator error on our part to not have the right combination of vlc commands when launching it.

Either way if we as users trying to debug issues where vlc crashes have the right command line settings combination that is proven to work with vlc.exe we should be able for bindings to apply the same command line arguments in our code and have it work and be on the way hopefully to understanding what might be happening.

Does that help?

Thanks,
-Tony