[vlc-devel] Playing wma2 audio codec, problem !

Mohamed AbdElwahed mohameeed2010 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 10 14:37:53 CET 2009

Hi All,

     - I try to play audio files with wma2 codec but some files can be played and others can not!

     - For example an audio file with the following parameters (bit rate 32k, sample rate 44.1k, Mono) can be played and heared but the same file but STEREO not Mono can not be played (to be more accurate, it seems it is running but there is no heared sound).

     - To enable playing wma2 codecs using vlc i just configured and compiled ffmpeg with "--enable-decoder=wmav1 --enable-decoder=wmav2 " then compiled vlc that link to this ffmpeg. AM I missed another thing?

any help is highly appreciated

Best Regard

Mohamed AbdElwahed