[vlc-devel] CLI Bindings : AccessViolationException on player

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 10 15:37:23 CET 2009

Hi All,

Sorry had power failure last night so not able to communicate results till now. For me this worked for the JVLC bindings. It created the file. But after vlc dlls crashing I could not rename the files for another test because it was locked out by the dlls. All I did then was restart my desktop where I was running.

As for running from windows from vlc with these parameters I tried without the video file but the vlc qt interface did not show up and a dos command line screen did. I suspect to get it to work that way I need to point the last parameter like shown to a video file on my desktop.

In any case thank you very much for the help. Before my power problems last night I was starting to see a pattern in the crashing although itself not always repeatable. For my test cases the text output seemed to indicate a problem being reported that the audio was slowing down and getting corrupted. Sorry since the log did not save correctly due to the file lock issue and then power outage I do not remember the exact wording. I will definitely work on it tonight some more.

I will startup a different email thread with my findings for that. I wanted to make sure Damien had something to help us both in this thread for debugging while using vlc libraries.

Best Regards,
-Tony